Join the CybUR Team
Help us educate the next wave of cybersecurity professionals.
We Strive to Accelerate Meaningful and Enduring Diversity in Tech
- We Figure It Out as a Team
- We Strive To Personalize Learning and Meet Students Where They Are In Their Careers
- We Trust Each Other To Do the Right Thing
About The Role Of A Cybersecurity Instructor
As a Cybersecurity Instructor, you’ll lead an online course with students.
You will scale your impact by training the next generation of cyber defenders. You’ll lead lectures, labs, and support students through exercises designed to support deep learning of key cybersecurity concepts. You’ll facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community, guiding students through their development, helping students ready to step immediately into jobs.
in companies and government service after graduating. You’ll collaborate with our dedicated support and administrative staff to ensure an exceptional experience for each student in our program.
This is a part-time remote role that will report to our Program Director. Classes will be delivered 100% online.
In this role, you will:
- Lead instruction on cybersecurity topics, activity-based learning workshops, and large team competition activities
- Work with students 1-on-1, in pairs and in groups to support their learning and growth in the program
- Create a positive, professional and inclusive learning environment and culture for our students
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community, guiding students through development of projects
- Help iterate on our curriculum over time based on student achievement data, feedback from students and employer partners, and evolving trends in the industry
You are a great candidate if you have:
- A Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of cybersecurity work experience as a Security Analyst, Threat Researcher, Penetration Tester, Cybersecurity Engineer, or similar role
- Professional proficiency with the core technologies of Cybersecurity: Python scripting, AWS, IT/Networking, etc.
- 1+ years of experience teaching, tutoring, or mentoring on technical concepts
- Exceptional and engaging presentation skills – particularly when it comes to complex technical information
- The ability to distill complex technical topics into beginner-friendly concepts
- A desire to work in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of ownership and independence
- A passion for the cyber security industry and a desire to be part of growing the careers of a diverse new generation of cyber security professionals
- Experience with problem solving, scripting, or software development
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you also have:
- Advanced Cybersecurity certifications (such as OSCP, CISSP, GPEN, etc.)